Grilled courgettes topped with Onions and Lime Marmalade
This recipe has been created by James Sellick, a British Bali-based food designer who is fascinated by flavours, and is a purveyor of fine condiments at his business, The English Gent.
This simple recipe injects bundles of flavour in to a grocery staple – the humble courgette. Using the natural sweetness of the caramelised onions, mixed with the zingy flavours of lime marmalade, it makes a great starter or finger food packed with flavours.
Time required: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Courgettes with Onions and Lime Marmalade:
- 6 medium courgettes
- 3/4 jar Awani Bali Lime Marmalade
- 3 large onions
- a splash of white wine vinegar
- olive oil and butter for frying
- Slice onions, cook in butter and olive oil.
- When onions are soft and translucent, add lime marmalade and vinegar.
- Keep stirring until thick and brown.
- Put into hollowed out halved fresh courgettes, sprinkle with emmenthal or gruyere and brown under the grill.
Leave a Comment